10 - 75kW system
10+kW installations are often for small industrial/commercial premises or as multiples within a larger site with multiple meter positions are available. Our common 10+kW installations are with small business owners looking to future proof and improve their margins by reducing overheads.
- Most commonly 3 phase installation
- Good economies of scale
- Large energy production and still affordable for small-medium businesses
- Often very agreeable for the DNO and so can be installed in rural areas
- <30kW requires export metering so 50% export FIT payment still available.
- Installation generally completed in 2-3 days
- Still a large enough installation for a marketing tool or PR event.
A light industrial/commercial unit (1000+sqft) may require as much as 50kW to significantly reduce the electricity company's bills and therefore reduce overheads dramatically. With the usage from offices and machinery adding up quickly.
An example 25kW SunPower and SolarEdge installation on a single roof area facing east/west would cover approx. 110sqm of roof or ground area, generate roughly 23,000kWh per year. Saving hundreds if not thousands of £££ in electricity costs per year. Rough costs of £28,000.